Terry and Liz Kuhn presented $1,000 scholarships to three students at the BCAA meeting on June 3, 2012 in the International Institute of Akron. The scholarships are awarded to students who are
* refugees of Lhotshampa origin from Nepal/Bhutan,
* who have been admitted to Kent State University and have a Banner ID number,
* who have an inner desire to learn,
* who demonstrated financial need on their FAFSA report,
* and who complete the application procedure by the deadline.
This year scholarships were awarded to Nar B. Subba, Damber Subba, and Nirmala Ghimirey.
Sandra Montgomery, who is the assistant director of Student Financial Aid at Kent State University described the scholarship criteria to those in attendance and she told the students how they can use the money for their fees and college expenses.
Dr. Kuhn concluded the program by congratulating the students for the good choices they have made to get this far in life. He and Mrs. Kuhn hope this scholarship will help the recipients acquire the knowledge and skills to be productive and happy in the future.
Selected activities of BCAA members are chronicled in this blog by Terry Kuhn.